|March 21, 2020
Date: Saturday, March 21, 2020
Time: 9:00 AM
Location: Providence Community
Teacher: Sandy Scales
Project: Update or Re-Purpose
a surface using Altered Art
(see photo samples of Betty
Caithness table and small Zebra
Everyone’s piece will be totally different.
Bring the following:
-Small furniture piece (table, wood spindle, stool, tray, old
sewing box, mirror frames, old metal fan, old book, etc.). We
have a limited amount of time, so make sure your piece is a small
- Sandpaper…. Fine and coarse……depending on condition of
- Any stencils you’d like to use ….Zebra stripes or other. If you
don’t have a Zebra stencil, I’ll show you how easy it is to draw
and paint these.
- 2 inch masking tape that I used on the lid of the small box with
Zebra stripes…. (See photo example).
- Good paint brushes (a variety of rounds, liners, and flats for
- Old flat cheap brushes (1 - 2 inch) for applying wallpaper paste
used for adhering the papers, wallpaper borders, etc. I am
providing the wall paper paste for all.
- Normal painting supplies (scissors, x-acto knife, water basin,
stylus, graphite, paper towels, waxed palette, etc.)
- Wrapping paper (thicker rather than thinner) or wallpaper to
use on a table top or elsewhere. Most paint stores that supply
wallpaper will have wallpaper books with numerous samples
inside for customers to look through for ordering wallpaper; we
all have used them at one time or another; however, once the
books have expired, they throw them away or give them away.
These samples are great to use on tabletops or other surfaces.
You can call your local Benjamin-Moore or Sherwin-Williams or
other paint stores to see if they are holding any books for trash
or giveaway. I’ll bring my wallpaper books to class to share.
- Bring any paint colors to include gold/silver/copper or gold
leaf & adhesive that will accent the colors in your wrapping
paper or wallpaper that you have chosen.
If you have any questions about your surface, papers or
wallpaper choices, or anything else, please don’t hesitate to give
Sandy a call at 703-622-9716
or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact: Ann Davis at email@example.com